Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Mendota Slip Lead Review

I started looking at slip leads because when I go to my local shelter to walk the dogs on occasion the collars that they are wearing will slip off or break and so I wanted a leash to take with me that would withstand any pulling and also be able to fit any dog, large or small. I looked into a couple and came down between the Mendota Slip Lead and Ruffwear's Just a Cinch. The reviews and specs are about the same for both but the Mendota Slip Lead comes in nearly $10 cheaper and was what influenced my decision on which one to purchase.
I went with the black 1/2 inch x 4 foot which is perfect for taller dogs but for short dogs I would recommend the 6 foot version. I love the adjustable leather tab, you are able to tighten it on the upper part of the dogs neck behind the ears and have it stay in the correct position. If a lead is not being used correctly you are not going to have any success from it and you risk damaging your dog's windpipe or neck. (You can check out some YouTube videos on the correct way to use a lead.)
I was concerned at first that the handle would come undone but I have walked many heavy pullers with it now with no give. I have used other rope style leashes before and have had to suffer rope burn but so far no issues with this one. This makes for a great extra leash to have on hand or to help get those stubborn pullers in control but this is not to replace a standard collar and leash.




 I purchased my Mendota Slip Lead on Amazon for around $14.00 but prices will be different depending on the color and size that you choose.

Product Info: 
  • Hand Crafted in the USA
  • Leash and Collar in One
  •  Made of waterproof, colorfast, durable multi-filament polypropylene
  • All brass hardware and oil tanned leather splices



No comments:

Post a Comment